Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Day 3, In which I Share Part of My Career Dreams List

I just had my first ever Reiki session! It was a distance Reiki session with my ARTbundance Coaching Certification classmate Kuumba. It was really interesting. At some points I felt tingly and several others I felt some definite heat. I'm not sure what to expect now. 

I've been thinking a lot about art journaling lately. I think it would be helpful to me in getting through this creative block/fear. It doesn't matter how it looks in an art journal. It can be truly awful and it would still be okay because it's just an art journal. 

Been thinking so much about my dreams and what they truly are. Sometimes being a Renaissance Soul really sucks. I have so many interests, so many dreams. They all fall into the creative arts realm, but there is only so much time in the day, ya know? 

Here are my "career" dreams, in no particular order:

  • I want to sell my paintings and reprints of my paintings.
  • I want to write and illustrate children's stories.
  • I want to write and create e-books and e-courses. 
  • I want to write novels (sometimes). 
  • I want my artwork to be licensed by Demdaco.
  • I want to write for creative mags like Cloth, Paper, Scissors.
  • I want to be in an issue of Artful Blogging. 
You want to know what my over-the-moon mondo beyondo dream is? The dream that would make me think that this was the absolute ultimate of lives to live? It's the first one.

When I ask myself the question, "What would I do if I had all the money I would ever want or need? How would I spend my days?" 

Besides being able to spend more time with my kiddos, I would paint! I would paint even if I didn't need to make a living from it. I can see myself so vividly in my dream art studio, spending many happy hours each and every day painting to my heart's content. 

I remember when I first answered that question. It was back in the mid 90's. I had just learned that I could actually draw and draw quite well (thank you Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain!!!). I thought the answer to that question would be that I would spend my days writing. I had wanted to be a writer for the past decade. Writing was my first creative love. Writing was (and still is) what I feel quite confident in. I was so shocked when I saw that visual of me standing in this gorgeous art studio happily painting away. 

I ask myself that question every six months or so and the answer has always remained the same. I often question the sanity of that answer considering the fact that I haven't painted in nearly a year. I have a crazy mad block/fear and find it difficult to even pick up a paint brush. 

I MUST get over that. I don't want to look back on my life and have this regret. 

I am trying. I have done some artsy things, not quite painty things, but something at least a little artsy craftsy and that is definitely a good step in the right direction. 

Tomorrow I am going to get to Mindy and Alena's Magic*Making online art course. I am very far behind, but I plan on putting a good dent into it. I will do it if I have to tie a paint brush to my hand! ;) 

Maybe in tomorrow's post I will tell you about how I got into that class. It's a pretty good one. At least I think so. :)

I hope you are all having a great night, dreaming big dreams and taking tiny baby steps toward them.

xo ~ Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment