Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Getting back into drawing


So, Thursday night I tried to do some drawing. I used to know how to draw faces and I've even painted several (but used much different techniques than what Kat teaches - Kat's techniques look waaaayyyy better! :) ). Anyway, I couldn't get into the rhythm of it and felt like I lost all of my ability to draw so I felt very discouraged.

While watching Kat's live demo yesterday, I drew right along with her and it felt sooooo good to draw again! I'm not totally thrilled with how the face I drew came out, but I'm going to be kind to myself and remember that it was the first 3/4 face view I ever drew and later today (it's 2 in the morning here now!), I'm going to be brave and post the drawing I did (even though I don't love it) and I'm going to list three things I do like about it. 

See you all later today. Hope you all have a wonderful night's rest and that you'll get to draw and paint to your heart's content this weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. I look at it like a muscle... if you don't work it for a while, it takes a bit to come back... I am sure it will soon =D

    ReplyDelete